IEEE Tainan Section Sensors Council Chapter (IEEE TSSCC) was formed in May,2016 by Prof. T. H. Meen et al.
◎The motivation of IEEE TSSCC:
IEEE TSSCC will provide a platform to let the researchers who are interested in sensors research and development from academia and industry to discuss with each other.
A sensor is an object whose purpose is to detect events or changes in its environment, and then provide a corresponding output. Sensors are used in everyday objects such as touch-sensitive elevator buttons (tactile sensor) and lamps which dim or brighten by touching the base, besides innumerable applications of which most people are never aware. With advances in micro machinery and easy-to-use micro controller platforms, the uses of sensors have expanded beyond the more traditional fields of temperature, pressure or flow measurement. Besides, sensors also play an important role in the Industry 4.0.
The scope of this Sensors Council Chapter includes the following items.
• Electrochemical sensors / Biosensors
• Electrical and thermal-based sensors
• Mass-sensitive and fiber-optic sensors
• Optoelectronic and Photonic Sensors
• Gas sensors
• Sensor applications for food industry, medicine, pharmacy, environmental monitoring, corrosion, etc.
• Sensor devices and sensor arrays / Nano sensors
• Analytical methods, modeling, readout and software for sensors
• Sensor technology and new sensor principles
◎ The activities that IEEE TSSCC will focus on in the future:
1. Hold a sensor-related international conference to provide a platform to let researchers
to discuss with each other and publish their advanced research results.
2. Invited the top researchers in the sensor region to give a talk of their newest research.
3. Invited researchers from academia and leaders from industry to join match making meeting and discuss with each other. It will speed up the newest sensors devices or circuit to real application.
◎Accomplishments that IEEE TSSCC will strive to meet in the future:
1. Hold an international conference. One or two times per year.
2. IEEE TSSCC could help promote both academic and industry not within Southern Taiwan but also within the IEEE community worldwide as a while.
3. IEEE TSSCC and Tainan Science Park are all located in Southern Taiwan. Thus, the establishment of Sensors Council Chapter in IEEE Tainan Section could improve the vocational education and educational institutes. This will not only to better prepare students for the industry but also to promote and bridge academia research to real world applications in the industry.